• Kids World News

Travel With Us

Republic of Ireland

  • Ireland is a island nation on the western edge of Europe. Aside from Great Britain, is the second largest island on the continent.

  • The capital is Dublin. It is also the largest city and is home to over a quarter of Ireland’s population!

  • Ireland only takes up 80% of island, the other 20% is Northern Ireland which is a part of The United Kingdom.

  • The population is about 5 million people!

  • The currency is the Euro.

  • There are four seasons in Ireland. Throughout Spring and Summer the climate stays around 40 degrees to 70 degrees Fahrenheit. In the Winter and Fall the climate stays around 46 degrees Fahrenheit.

  • The traditional and most popular sports in Ireland are Gaelic football and hurling. But, at the Olympics, boxing was Ireland’s most successful sport.

  • The languages spoken in Ireland are English and Irish Gaelic. Irish Gaelic is the country’s first official language. However the second official language, English, is more commonly spoken in present day.

Read more about Ireland in today’s Travel With Us!

Click HERE to download this activity as a printable PDF.

You Can Help Children Read

Reading is essential to every child’s growth and forges the foundations for lifelong success.  Kids' World News is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization whose mission is to get kids excited about reading and improve childhood literacy.  Your gift will help us provide free reading activities to elementary school students.  All donations are tax deductible under FEIN 38-3076101.

© 2018 Kids World News.  All Rights Reserved.  Contact Us